Who you are
Marker is seeking a leader- a highly motivated individual who enjoys working in a fast-paced, but structured anddisciplined. entrepreneurial environment. The ideal candidate will have extensive experience in real estate investment strategy and life cycle. This role also requires the following capabilities:
- Perform comprehensive asset management duties for a portfolio of student housing andproperties in university markets across the Us.
- Perform detailed reviews of budgets, forecasts, monthly income statements, cash flow projections, and internal dashboard reports to identify operational inefficiencies and help create strategies to maximize profitability and long-term value.
- Prepare analyses in response to investor. lender. or other internal external requests(e.g. asset valuationIRR. cash flows. etc.) and quarterly and yearly portfolio management deliverables.
- Work closely with property leadership teams to execute the business plan and capital deployment strategy.
- Work closely with legal. construction. capital markets. acquisitions. accounting, and portfolio management teams to review agreements, construction/capital projects, loan documents, leases, and other materials that impact the operations of the assets.
- Maintain Excel financial models used for operating reviews, investment decisions, and analyzing various ROI and re-investment strategies.
- Create KPIs and management dashboard reports to provide timely updates to Marker senior leaders.
- Prepare presentations and ad-hoc reports to help facilitate communications with lenders. investors. appraisers, operators, and the Marker leadership team.
- Onboard new investments into Marker asset management and portfolio management processes.
- Maintain shared Tiles for asset management due diligence and legal and operating documents.
- Responsible for supporting pre-opening/renovation activity for assigned properties.
- Develop an understanding of student housing and real estate industry development and trends with supporting analysis that enhances the company s initiatives.
- Manage real estate tax and property insurance consultants for assigned properties.
- Travel to properties as needed to meet with property teams and assess conditions, conduct financial and operational reviews, and review findings with Marker senior leaders.